Other infos

The Tourist Info Center in Bucharest



Address: Universităţii Square - in the tunnel

Phone: 021.305.55.74 / int. 1003

Email: turism@bucuresti-primaria.ro

Web: www.pmb.ro

Business hours:
Monday - Friday: 10:00 - 18:00
Saturday - Sunday: 10:00 - 14:00



Accommodation units in District 1


According to government data obtained from the website of the Ministry of Regional Development and Public Administration in Bucharest are 214 accommodation units of which 103 are in the District 1. Thus, the accommodation in Sector 1 Bucharest by type are:

1. Apartment for rent - 9
2. Bungalow - 1
3. Room for rent - 8
4. Camping - 1
5. Hostel - 7
6. Hotel - 62
7. Apartament-hotel - 4
8. Motel - 1
9. Boarding house - 4
10. Villa - 7



Access to Bucharest


By plane

By plane to Bucharest is the easiest way to get in the Romanian capital. Bucharest is served by two airports: Henri Coanda (Otopeni) and Aurel Vlaicu Airport (Baneasa). Both airports are linking Bucharest to major European cities such as Naples, Paris, Pisa, Rome, Dublin, Amsterdam, Madrid, Vienna, Milan, Istanbul and Budapest.

The two airports are also used by airlines offering domestic flights between Bucharest and all other major airports in Romania: Cluj, Timisoara, Iasi, etc..


By train

North Station is the main railway station in Bucharest. Located about 3 km northwest of the city center is the terminal for a lot of trains moving along Romania, linking Bucharest to all major cities.

It is also the place where international trains arrive heading towards Romania. The Bucharest has railway connections to European destinations such as Budapest, Vienna, Belgrade, Prague, Sofia, Athens, Istanbul, Moscow and Kiev.


By car

Bucharest can be reached by car so: from the north side on the E60 which comes from Braşov, from the west side on A1 Highway from Piteşti, from the east side on A2 Highway coming from Constanţa and from the south side on the European road E20 from Giurgiu.



Touristic sites


In Bucharest you can take the Bucharest City Tour, a program provided by The Autonomous Transport Administration from Bucharest which will guide you towards all the major touristic sites from our town. This tourist transport line is serviced (from spring till autumn) by four special sightseeing buses, with a total capacity of 77 seats, which will drive you through the following route: Square Press, Village Museum, Arc de Triomphe, Victoria Square, Victoria Avenue, Parliament House, Union Square, University Square, Romană Square, Victoria Square, Charles de Gaulle Square, Kiselev Road and back to the Press Square.

Also, tourists can opt for other routes that cross areas with a rich historical and artistic background in Bucharest, as follows:

The Old Town
University Square - Toma Caragiu Street - Ion Ghica Street - Doamnei Street - Eugeniu Carada Street - Lipscani Street - Smârdan Street - Stavropoleos Street - Post Street - Saint Dumitru Street - N. Tonitza Street - French Street - Old Court - Covaci Street - Şelari Street - Smârdan Street - Lipscani Street - Saint Gheorghe Square - University Square

Kiseleff Road
Victoria Square - Kiseleff Road - Village Museum - Charles de Gaulle Square - Aviatorilor Avenue - Zambacian Museum Street - Emile Zola Street - Andrei Mureşanu Street - Sofia Street - G. Demetriade Street - Monumentul Aviatorilor - Aviatorilor Avenue - Alexandru Alley - Atena Street - Varşovia Street - Quito Square - Londra Street - Atena Street - Modrogan Alley - Aviatorilor Avenue - Victoria Square

Victoria Square
Intercontinental Hotel - Biserica Enei Street - Academiei Street - Regina Elisabeta Avenue - Victoria Avenue - Revoluţiei Square - Boteanu Street - C. A. Rosetti Street - Ştirbei Vodă Street - Spiru Haret Street - General Berthelot Street - Victoria Avenue - Biserica Amzei Street - Christian Tell Street - Henri Coandă Street - Nicolae Iorga Street - Victoria Avenue - General Gh. Manu Street - Orlando Street - Victoria Avenue - Lascăr Catargiu Avenue - Romană Square - Magheru Avenue - Tache Ionescu Street - Alexandru Lahovary Square - Dionisie Lupu Street - Pitar Moş Street - C. A. Rosetti Street - Nicolae Bălcescu Avenue - Intercontinental Hotel



Monuments in Bucharest


The Old Court (16th Century)

Here lies the remains of The Royal Court raised in the 15th century during the reign of Vlad Ţepeş Dracula, the ruler of the Ţara Românească kingdom. From the early sixteenth century, the palace became the official residence of the Wallachian kings. Constantin Brâncoveanu (1688-1714) and Ştefan Cantacuzino (1714-1715) ennobled the construction, adding stone columns, marble stairs and valuable decorations.

In the 17th century during the reign of Matei Basarab, The Royal Court area reached 25.000 sqm. Over the years, The Old Court was grounded by fires and earthquakes, and the only things that remember us from the old beauties are the remains discovered in 1958.


Manuc's Inn (1808)

In the second half of 1807 begins the construction of the inn, which will be completed in 1808. The exact architecture of the inn in its original form is not known, but the descriptions of the early nineteenth century show that there were 15 underground vaulted cellars, on the ground floor there were 23 shops, two large lounges, ten huts, servants' rooms, kitchens and a tunnel that fits about 500 people. The first floor had 107 chambers, most used for guests. In the courtyard there was a coffee shop and a small garden with fountain. Towards the Dâmboviţa river was built a stone pier over a meter wide. Later, after the Dâmboviţa was channeled to open the Butcher's Shops near this side were added a few more shops.


The House of Parliament (20th Centrury)

The House of Parliament in Bucharest, Romania (known as the House of the People before the revolution), is measuring 270 m by 240 m, 86 m high and 92 m below ground. It has 12 levels and 8 ground surface.

The House of Parliament building is situated in the central part of Bucharest, the place which today is called Dealul Arsenalului (Arsenal Hill), framed by Izvor Street to the west and northwest, Natiunile Unite Avenue to the north, Libertatii Avenue to the east and 13 Septembrie Avenue to the south.


The Romanian Athenaeum (19th Century)

Romanian Athenaeum is a concert hall in Bucharest, on the Victoriei Avenue, located in the Revolution Square (formerly the Palace Square). Here is also situated the Philharmonic "George Enescu".

The place where Athenaeum was build belonged to the Văcăreşti family. Building plans were designed by the French architect Albert Galleron so that they can use the existing foundation which was started by the Romanian Society "Equestra". The building is preceded by a peristyle, supported by six Ionic columns. Under the peristyle there are five mosaic medallions representing the five great rulers: Neagoe Basarab, Alexandru cel Bun, the king Carol I, Vasile Lupu şi Matei Basarab. Construction ends with a richly decorated dome. The concert hall has 600 seats on the floor and another 52 seats in the boxes. Above the boxes, around the drum of the dome, except for the place where is the scene, exists a 3 meters wide and 70 meters long fresco, the work of the painter Costin Petrescu. The fresco is made up of 25 scenes representative from Romanian history.


The University of Bucharest (19th Century)

The University of Bucharest (founded in 1864) is an institution of higher education in Bucharest, Romania. Most part of it is placed in the University Palace from University Square. The diplomas awarded by the University of Bucharest are recognized in most countries of the world.


The Romanian National History Museum (19th Century)

National History Museum of Romania (former Palace of the Post) is located on 12th Victoriei Avenue in Bucharest. The museum holds objects of historical value discovered on the territory of Romania from prehistoric times to the contemporary period.

As an institution, the museum was established in 1970 in order to illustrate the cultural developments recorded during all historical epochs in the geographic area of today's Romania.

It is the most important museum of history and archeology in Romania, both by its area and also by its belongings.


Şuţu Palace (19th Century)

Built between 1833 and 1835, is the work of the seneschal Sutu Costache. Plans belonged to the Viennese architects Johann Veit Schwink Conrad. The style is Western, Gothic, with one floor and several rooms with four polygonal towers, on the sides of the building.



Social Networks


Facebook: About Bucharest